Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The Health Minister Natasha Fyles said SIDS and Kids NT is an important community support organisation that provides education, advocacy and bereavement counselling.
It's great for mothers to know that breastfeeding for at least two months provides such a strong protective effect against SIDS," said researcher Rachel Moon.
We carried out a thorough online literature search on PubMed and PakMediNet and found no researches studying the incidence of SIDS in Pakistan.
Francine Bates, chief executive of The Lullaby Trust, said: "We are deeply concerned to see that SIDS rates remain higher in Yorkshire and the Humber despite the rate for England and Wales being the lowest on record.
SHARING SAFER SLEEP THE Lullaby Trust wants to bring the number of SIDS deaths down to below half the current number by 2020, and as part of that drive, they are launching a new Safer Sleep for Babies animation film that can be shared on smartphones, in a bid to get the message across to younger parents.
A 1993 study first linked infant thermoregulation and respiratory control to SIDS, (10) and in 2008 scientists reported that the use of a fan in an infant's bedroom appeared to help reduce SIDS risk.
NICE recommends health visitors should inform parents and carers the risk of SIDS is particularly raised when a baby is co-sleeping with an adult who smokes.
The Netherlands, a country with a low SIDS rate, suggests following these recommendations:
We've one of the highest infant mortality rates in Western Europe which is staggering when we know of measures that can reduce the risk of SIDS and save lives.
The average SIDS is fairly densely populated, yet the differences between countries in this respect are large.
For that matter, various studies indicate that smoking during pregnancy also causes an increased risk of SIDS.
The study found the risk of SIDS while bed sharing decreased as the age of the infant rose, but if either parent was a smoker or the mother had drunk alcohol or used illegal drugs at any time since the child was born, the risk greatly increased.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Sidoarjo mudflow
- Sidonius Apollinaris
- Sidor Artemevich Kovpak
- Sidor Kovpak
- Sidorenko, Aleksandr
- Sidorenko, Aleksandr Vasilevich
- Sidorkin, Evgenii
- Sidorkin, Evgenii Matveevich
- Sidorov, Aleksei
- Sidorov, Aleksei Alekseevich
- Sidorov, Anatolii
- Sidorov, Anatolii Ivanovich
- Sidorov, Arkadii
- Sidorov, Arkadii Lavrovich
- Sidorov, Veniamin
- Sidorov, Veniamin Aleksandrovich
- Sidorov, Vladimir
- Sidorov, Vladimir Nikolaevich
- Sidorova, Nina
- Sidorova, Nina Aleksandrovna
- Siebel software
- Sieber, Al
- Siebert, Muriel
- Siebold, Carl Theodor Ernst Von
- Siebold, Karl Theodor Ernst von
- Siebold, Philipp Franz van
- Siegbahn, Kai Manne
- Siegbahn, Kai Manne Borje
- Siegbahn, Karl Manne Georg
- Siege Artillery
- Siege Perilous
- Siegel, Carl Ludwig
- Siegel, Jerry
- Siegel, Robert
- Siegen, Ludwig von
- Siegenian Stage
Full browser ?
- SIDPERS Assignment Instruction File
- SIDPERS Authorized Strength File
- SIDPERS III
- SIDPERS Installation Retrieval Command/Unit Support
- SIDPERS Interface Branch
- SIDPERS MOS Edit File
- SIDPERS Organization Master File
- SIDPERS Personnel File
- SIDPERS Reserve Organization File
- Sidra Gulf of
- Sidra, Gulf of
- Sidra, Gulf of
- Sidra, Gulf of
- SIDS Initial Assessment Profile
- Sids Initial Assessment Report
- Sidwell Friends School
- Sie Killen Wir Grillen
- Siebel Analytics Web
- Siebel Application Response Measurement
- Siebel Contact Center
- Siebel Contact OnDemand
- Siebel Enterprise Application
- Siebel Gateway Name Server
- Siebel Internet Session Network Application Programming Interface