Saint Marys City
Saint Marys City,village (1990 pop. 3,200), St. Marys co., S Md., on the St. Marys River; est. 1634 as Maryland's first town. English colonists purchased a Native American village, renamed it St. Marys, and built Fort St. George. The first state assembly met there (1635). It remained the provincial capital until replaced (1694) by AnnapolisAnnapolis
, city (1990 pop. 33,187), state capital and seat of Anne Arundel co., central Md., on the south bank of the Severn River. Annapolis is a port of entry on Chesapeake Bay and the business and shipping center for the fruit and vegetable farmers of E Maryland.
..... Click the link for more information. .