Salavat


Also found in: Wikipedia.

Salavat

 

a city under republic (ASSR) jurisdiction in the Bashkir ASSR. Located on the Belaia River, a tributary of the Kama. Railroad station 188 km south of Ufa. Population, 128,000 (1975; 61,000 in 1959).

Salavat has a petrochemical combine, an industrial glassworks, a machine-building plant that manufactures equipment for the petroleum industry, and construction-materials enterprises. Educational institutions include the evening department of the Ufa Petroleum Institute, an industrial technicum, medical and music schools, and a teachers college. The city also has a drama theater. Salavat has been a city since 1954. It was named in honor of Salavat Iulaev.

References in periodicals archive ?
Interesting and informative was the presentation of the financial consultant-manager of the project "Financial Aikido" Salavat Uralovich Yumaguzhin, whose theme was the protection of property, business, real estate in the conditions of changing the financial market.
Valery Golubev, the spokesman of Gazprom, at the same time informed that the plant, named Acryl Salavat, will sell up to 80 percent of its products at the foreign markets, also delivering the remaining 20 percent to the domestic manufacturers of paints, latexes and superabsorbents.
IT'S four weeks since Salavat Yulaev Ufa last played at home, when they suffered a 4-1 defeat to KHL Eastern Conference champions Magnitogorsk.
Polymer capacity will be boosted in 2016 with Sibur's expansion of its Tomskneftekhim (TNKh) raising PP by 10,000tpa and HDPE by 40,000tpa by 2016 and Gazprom planning a 1mn tpa naphtha cracker and downstream units at Salavat and Rosneft with capacities of 1.
RESULTS: 60kg Thomas Hodgson (England) lost to Bernard Angelo Torres (Norway) 3:0; 64kg Billy Pickles (England) lost to Hadi Srour (Norway) 2:1; 69kg Joe Laws (England) beat Jamshid Nazari (Norway) 2:1; 69kg Tommy Beaney (England) beat Salavat Khatuev (Norway) 2:1; 54kg Kim Shannon (England) lost to Marielle Hansen (Norway) 3:0; 75kg Jordan Reynolds (England) beat Martin Larsen (Norway) 2:1; 75kg John Marvin (England) lost to Surkho Shamilov (Norway) 3:0; 81kg Harry Woods (England) beat Islam Ismailov (Norway) 2:1; 91kg Declan Fusco (England) beat Armintas Dluckys (Norway) TKO2; 91+kg Alex Dickinson (England) lost to Simen Nysaeter (Norway) 2:1
The fire killed a worker in the end of April at Gazprom' Salavat refinery with a capacity of more than 160,000 bpd, while CDU-4 was stopped for unplanned repairs until May, 6.
Kyrgyzstan and Bashkortostan have discussed possible cooperation in agriculture, education and culture spheres, the press service of the Government said today referring to a meeting between Vice Prime Minister Damira Niyazalieva and Deputy Prime Minister of Bashkortostan Salavat Sagitov.
Extensive profiles of 37 manufacturers are provided, such as BASF SE, BASF Petronas Chemicals, The Dow Chemical Company, Eastman Chemical Company, Formosa Plastics Group, Gazprom Neftekhim Salavat JSC, KH Neochem Co.
We should commemorate his birth by saying salavat [peace be upon him] throughout the day as it can be considered a good way of saying prayers," GE-len said.
MHI) and Sojitz Corporation of Japan, jointly with Renaissance Construction (RC), have received an order from JSC Gazprom Neftekhim Salavat (GNS) of the Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation, for a project to construct a new acrylic acid plant capable of producing acrylic acid, butyl acrylate, and glacial acrylic acid concurrently, which process technology is licensed by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (MCC).
Trooper Larry John Zuidema Rudd was killed on May 24th when the armoured vehicle he was travelling in struck a makeshift landmine during a routine mission to deliver supplies and equipment to Canadian soldiers near the village of Salavat, about 20 km southwest of Kandahar City, in the Panjwaii district.
42) For instance, Alexander Radulov reportedly signed a tax-free deal with Salavat Ufa in Russia worth $13 million.