Stanislav Antonovich Pilotovich
Pilotovich, Stanislav Antonovich
Born Sept. 25, 1922, in the village of Borok, now Charoty, Pukhovichi Raion, Minsk Oblast. Soviet party official and diplomat. Member of the CPSU since 1944.
The son of a peasant, Pilotovich graduated from the Bobruisk Medical Attendants’ School in 1940, the Baranovichi Institute for Primary and Secondary School Teachers in 1952, and the M. Gorky Pedagogical Institute in Minsk in 1956 (by correspondence). In 1941 he became the secretary of the Komsomol’s Gainovskii raion committee in Brest Oblast. During the Great Patriotic War he was a member of the Minsk Oblast partisan detachment Flame from 1942 to 1944. Secretary of the Pukhovichi, and then of the Cherven’, underground raion committees of the Byelorussian Komsomol, he undertook high-level Komsomol work in 1944. From 1946 to 1948 he was secretary of the Minsk oblast committee, and from 1948 to 1953 he was first secretary of the Baranovichi oblast committee of the Byelorussian Komsomol. In 1953, Pilotovich began party work, and from 1958 to 1960 he served as second secretary of the Grodno oblast committee. From 1960 to 1962 he was director of a section of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Byelorussia. From 1962 to 1965 he served as first secretary of the Vitebsk oblast committee, and from 1965 to 1971 he was secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Byelorussia. Since March 1971 he has been ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of the USSR to the Polish People’s Republic. A delegate to the Twenty-third, Twenty-fourth, and Twenty-fifth Congresses of the CPSU, he has been a member of the Central Committee of the CPSU since 1971. He was a deputy of the seventh and eighth convocations of the Supreme Soviet. Pilotovich has been awarded two Orders of Lenin, four other orders, and a number of medals.