Texas A&M University

(redirected from Tamc)
Also found in: Acronyms.

Texas A&M University,

main campus at College Station; land-grant and state supported; coeducational; chartered 1871 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, opened 1876. The school gained university status and its present name in 1963. Other schools within the Texas A&M Univ. System are Prairie View A&M Univ. (est. 1876), at Prairie View, predominantly African-American; Texas A&M–Commerce (est. 1889); Tarleton State Univ. (est. 1899), at Stephenville; West Texas A&M Univ. (est. 1909), at Canyon; Texas A&M–Kingsville (est. 1925); Texas A&M–Corpus Christi (est. 1947); Texas A&M–Galveston (est. 1962), devoted to marine sciences and the maritime industry; Texas A&M International Univ. (est. 1970), at Laredo, predominantly Mexican-American; Texas A&M–Texarkana (est. 1971); and the Health Sciences Center (est. 1999), at College Station, Temple, Dallas, Houston, and Kingsville. Research facilities include a cyclotron institute and an offshore technology research laboratory at College Station, an institute for surveying at Corpus Christi, and a water resources center at Kingsville.
References in periodicals archive ?
TAMC was established by the Teamsters Airline Division in 2007 to advance and protect the interests of all aviation mechanics and related workers throughout the industry.
As shown in figure 1, minimum TAMC was in samples which treated by frequency 4500 MHz that it was 3.
In this paper, TAMC is adopted as a criterion to optimize [d.
Whereas TAMC Revised renders it as 'the Eternal,' the TAWC editors simply preserve the same four letters found in the Hebrew text (in this review designated by the letters) Y-H-V-H.
This code was constructed by the TAMC [Giering 1997] and modified to fit onto one page.
TAMC holds 75 percent of the equity of a number of smaller businesses; the remaining 25 percent is held by their managers.
TAMC will include five regional financial sales managers, representing all areas of the country.
As a volunteer with the Tripler Army Medical Center's (TAMC) Care Provider Support Program (CPSP), she and the dedicated CPSP Team present resiliency training which focuses on self-care and wellness for TAMC civilian and military staff.
The effort involved organising 11,000 workers across the country, according to Chris Moore, a representative of the Teamsters Airline Division and chairman of the TAMC.
Tarui, editors, TAMC 2011, volume 6648 of LNCS, pages 463-170.
TAMC was accessible and scholarly; it combined modern scholarship with traditional teachings from the rabbinical period, featuring excerpts from the Talmud and various midrashim.