a burial monument of the fourth century B.C., located 4 km from Kerch’. The Tsarskii kurgan apparently belonged to one of the Bosporan kings. It was excavated in 1837 by A. Ashik and had been robbed in antiquity. The structure, found under an embankment of layers of earth, seaweed, and stone, is a stone vault with a rectangular plan measuring 4.24 m × 4.4 m; it has a height of 8.37 m. It is covered by a stepped conical dome of concentrically arranged masonry. The vault was entered through a dromos measuring 36 m in length, 2.8 m in width, and as much as 7.14 m in height, with a stepped roof of rusticated blocks.
The Tsarskii kurgan is a monument of ancient architecture. The vault is open for viewing.