a Soviet production and technical association that manufactures highly efficient equipment for the textile industry, including roving, spinning, and spinning-and-twisting frames. The association was formed in 1971 through a merger of four enterprises: the Tashkent Iu. A. Gagarin Textile Machine-building Plant (Tashtekstil’mash), a plant for the production of machine parts in the city of Kokand, the Tashkent Special Design Bureau of Textile Machine Building, and the Precision Casting Plant in the city of Lenger.
The head enterprise of the association, the Tashtekstil’mash plant, was founded in 1941 and equipped with machinery evacuated to Tashkent from the Rostov Agricultural Machine-building Plant. Between 1941 and 1945, the plant produced metal-cutting machine tools and spare parts for textile equipment. In 1946 it converted operations to the series production of all types of spinning and roving frames. The plant’s special design bureau was organized in 1954.
Between the 1950’s and the 1970’s, the plant designed 53 models of textile machinery, of which 29 were produced and delivered to enterprises of the textile industry. Included in the plant’s production was a range of spinning-and-twisting frames totally different from any manufactured abroad: the models PK-100, PK-lOOShL, and PK-100-I1 (state seal of quality; State Prize of the USSR, 1968). During the ninth five-year plan (1971–75), the association manufactured 9,150 machines for domestic use and export; production was valued at 150 million rubles, representing a growth of-160 percent. Plant production between 1966 and 1975 contributed 127 million rubles to the national economy. Machines bearing the plant’s trademark have received awards at international exhibitions (gold medals in Brno in 1965 and Plovdiv in 1966) and at all-Union exhibitions (a gold medal at the Exhibition of the Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR in 1962); they are operated in 348 Soviet cities and 25 countries abroad (1975).
The plant has a school for young people working in shifts, a machine-building technicum, and a vocational-technical school. It has been awarded the Order of Lenin (1966) and the Order of the Red Banner of Labor (1971).
R. A. MANGUTOV