Vladimirskii, Lev Anatol’evich
Born Sept. 14 (27), 1903, in Gur’ev. Admiral since 1954. Member of the CPSU since 1937.
Vladimirskii volunteered for the Red Army in 1921 and graduated from the Frunze Naval School in 1925 and the Higher Military Academy in 1952. He served in the Black Sea Fleet and commanded a leader destroyer. In 1939 he became a squadron commander of the Black Sea Fleet and led combat operations during the Great Patriotic War. Vladimirskii was commander of the Black Sea Fleet from May 1943 to March 1944, squadron commander in the Baltic Fleet from May 1944 to 1946, chief of the Administration of Naval Educational Institutions in 1947 and 1948, and deputy chief in-spector of the armed forces for the navy from 1948 to 1951. From 1952 on he held high positions in the navy. He retired in May 1970. Vladimirskii has been awarded the Order of Lenin, three Orders of the Red Banner, the Order of Suvorov Second Class, the Order of Ushakov Second Class, and medals.