Ya'an

(redirected from Yaan)
Also found in: Acronyms.

Ya'an

(yä-än), city (1994 est. pop. 110,000), SW Sichuan prov., China, on a tributary of the Min River. It is a tea center for W Sichuan and a highway hub for the E Tibetan plateau. From 1950 to 1955 it was the capital of XikangXikang
or Sikang
, former province, SW China. Kangding was the capital before 1950 and Ya'an from 1950 to 1955. It is largely a region of high mountains (over 10,000 ft/3,050 m) cut by the gorges of several rivers. The area became a province c.1939.
..... Click the link for more information.
 prov. An agricultural institute is there.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The Swedish network solutions provider Axis AB said on Monday (11 August) that its subsidiary Axis Communications had signed a strategic OEM agreement with the Chinese CCTV manufacturer YAAN Tech Electronics Co.
Switzerland could have easily dropped points against minnows Albania if not for Yaan Sommer's quick reflexes.
As long as may balak kayong bumalik, at may intensiyon kayong bumalik sa inyong lugar na inyong pinanggalingan, yaan po ay bilang duon sa inyong residency, he added.
Sabihin na natin na tama ang sinasabi ng UNA na 9 A1/2 lang si Senator Grace mula noong siya ay nagfile ng certificate of candidacy para sa Senado, ngunit 'yung kanyang added years na siya ay nasa Amerika, kung maipapakita niya na meron siyang intensyon na bumalik yaan po ay bilang sa pagbilang ng sampung taon na residency, Drilon said.
to explore the 14,000 square kilometre Yaan Block in Western Sichuan.
The first exploratory well on the Yaan Block, the Sanhenan No.
Mats Hummels fed Shinji Kagawa, the Japanese midfielder passed to Marco Reus with his first touch and Reus launched a rocket past Yaan Sommer.
Kung may magfile ng resolution at iyan ay irefer sa Blue Ribbon committee o kung saan man, yaan po ay maiibestigahan," Drilon said in a radio interview.
Some students who were victims of the Yaan earthquake in Sichuan province this April continued to study for their exams in rescue tents amid the massive destruction.
A portion of the proceeds of the placement will be applied to costs associated with the Company's 25 percent working interest in the Yaan Block in Sichuan Province, China.
Maxy owns a 25 percent working interest in the Yaan Block, while Texaco owns the remaining 75 percent and serves as Operator.