Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
All that is now left to testify to the courage and enterprise of all those British aeronauts, and to the many balloons and airships that were constructed and flown (apart from the memorial to the victims of the R.
The Aeronauts have a training plane with dual controls and several "trainers" willing to work with newcomers, said club president Patrick Willis.
Rolt's The Balloonists: The History of the First Aeronauts ([pounds sterling]9.
The aeronauts, Turot and Barbotte, will take the airship to Salonica, hoping that delivery will not be refused owing to the change of government in Turkey.
Some xenotopic species (Thaler 1988) are widely distributed in the mountains and reach the highest summits as aeronauts.
Overall, Crouch follows a more or less linear storyline from the earliest aeronauts down to the intricate aerospace world of the post-9/11 era, but he employs numerous flashbacks to pick up a new concept and carry it forward.
Tract on balloons In the 18th century hot air balloons were very popular, and the French aeronauts became the centre of the world's attention.
It's not "Picard" as in Jean Luc Picard, the bald and proud captain from Star Trek the Next Generation, but "Piccard" spelled with two C'S, named after two pioneering Swiss aeronauts.
4) However, these were not balloon "flights" where aeronauts tried to travel across country.
It's not that we expect them to become astronauts or aeronauts, but to show them and get them motivated about science and show them how cool it can be,'' he said.
I arrived too late to see festival openers We Aeronauts, but did make it for another hotly-tipped newcomer, 18-year-old folk-glam songstress Beth Jeans Houghton, who played a riveting set which bode well for what was to come.
Tom Cruise (top) plays the hotshot young pilot Maverick, who is sent to the elite training ground for aeronauts.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- aeronautical climatology
- aeronautical engineering
- aeronautical fixed service
- aeronautical fixed station
- aeronautical fixed telecommunication network
- aeronautical flutter
- aeronautical ground light
- aeronautical information circular
- Aeronautical Information Manual
- aeronautical information overprint
- aeronautical information publication
- aeronautical light
- aeronautical light beacon
- aeronautical meteorological station
- Aeronautical Meteorology
- aeronautical mile
- aeronautical mobile satellite service
- aeronautical mobile service
- aeronautical pilotage chart
- aeronautical planning chart
- aeronautical product
- Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated
- aeronautical station
- aeronautical telecommunication service
- aero-otitis media
- aeroplane rule
- aeropulse engine
- Aerosol adhesive
- aerosol dispenser
- aerosol generator
Full browser ?
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Network
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Network Panel
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Services
- Aeronautical Time Cycle Management
- aeronautical topographic chart
- Aeronautical, Geological, and Meteorological Center
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Aeronautics & Astronautics Coordinating Board
- Aeronautics & Phenomena Research Victoria
- Aeronautics & Space Engineering Board
- Aeronautics Advisory Committee
- Aeronautics Advisory Council
- Aeronautics and Astronautics Coordinating Board
- Aeronautics and Space Access Page
- Aeronautics and Space Education Workshop
- Aeronautics and Space Technology
- Aeronautics Learning Laboratory for Science Technology and Research
- Aeronautics Mission Directorate
- Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate
- Aeronaves de Mexico
- Aeronaves de México
- Aeronomy and Space Data Center
- Aeronomy Laboratory
- Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere