References in periodicals archive ?
As she lies there like an analysand, she attends the unfolding of all experience.
131) The language is technical, (132) but it points to a basic problem of how the analysand is to live with her "symptom," the thing about her that makes her who she is, that shows itself repeatedly as marking her as "this" rather than "that" person.
However, this cannot be a pure and instantaneous act, as would occur were the analyst to do no more than confront the analysand with the position that, rather than the acting out of the new, all that was occurring was the enacting of repetition.
In classical psychoanalytic terms, transference describes a contradictory dynamic between analyst and analysand that both alerts the analyst to the repressive dynamic and re-enacts the repression: "[I]t is triggered off precisely at the moment when particularly important repressed contents are in danger of being revealed.
There is very little similarity between an analysand who seeks analysis, pays a fee, speaks, listens, and an event or formation in culture, which cannot free associate or partake in the dialectical cure that is analysis.
Comparing the relationship between text and reader to that between analysand and analyst, the critic argues, rather, that the novellas constitute a protean process of female self-definition vis-a-vis a patriarchal society.
For example, in the course of one of Bergler's sessions haranguing a patient, the homosexual analysand objects: "[Y]ou don't even mention the biological factor of inborn femininity.
The structure offers a clinical dyad of analysand and analyst in a session in which the former provides the raw data while the latter works to explain the causes precipitating the illness.
In each of these cases, McCarthy depicts a reader/ writer dynamic that to varying extents predicts the relationship between a sympathetic analyst and analysand engaged in a process of mutual understanding and healing.
In the theories of ideology following the tradition established by Karl Mannheim (Ideology and Utopia: An Introduction to the Sociology of Knowledge, translated by Louis Wirth and Edward Shils [San Diego: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1985]; first German edition, 1929), it is generally stipulated that no one is immune from the ideologizing effects of his own social and historical context; hence, both the analyst and the analysand are caught, inextricably, in ideology's web, and it no longer seems to be much of an insult to speak of someone's way of thinking as ideological.
I have what you call a sexual soul," an analysand tells her therapist in one of these stories (87).
As we saw some chapters back, the early Ginsberg s "secrets" had to do with his mother's craziness and his own sexuality; as he matured, his revelations became more capacious, so that the older man seemed like the ideal Freudian analysand risen from the couch to walk among us, articulating freely what freely comes to mind.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- analog signal generator
- analog simulation
- analog states
- analog stereo
- analog sunset
- analog switch
- analog telephone
- analog telephone adapter
- analog telephony
- analog video
- analog voltage
- analog-digital computer
- analogous pole
- analog-to-digital conversion
- analog-to-digital converter
- analog-to-frequency converter
- analogue computer
- Analogy in Biology
- Analogy Model
- Analogy, Legal
- analysis by synthesis
- analysis line
- analysis of variance
- analysis situs
- analytic and synthetic
- analytic continuation
- analytic curve
- analytic extension
- analytic function
- Analytic Functions
- analytic geometry
- Analytic Grid
- analytic hierarchy
- analytic inertial navigation
- analytic mechanics
- analytic number theory
- Analytic Philosophy
- analytic psychology
- analytic regularization
- analytic set
- analytic structure
- analytic trigonometry
- analytical aerotriangulation
Full browser ?
- analogy method
- analogy method
- Analogy Model
- Analogy, Legal
- Analostan Island
- ANALY CHEM
- Analyse Any Real Data Visually Acquire Real Knowledge
- Analyse de Gestion Hospitalière Nationale
- Analyse des Modes de Défaillance, de Leurs Effets et de Leur Criticité
- analyse des pratiques sociales et projets urbains
- Analyse des Risques et Maîtrise des Points Critiques
- Analyse des Risques Résiduels
- Analyse du Cycle de Vie
- Analyse du Risque Médical
- Analyse Economique et Développement
- Analyse en Composante Principale
- Analyse et Gestion des Etablissements de Santé
- Analyse et Politique Economiques
- Analyse et Programmation
- Analyse et Traitement Electronique de l'Information
- Analyse et Traitement Informatique de la Langue Française
- Analyse Factorielle des Correspondances
- Analyse Préliminaire de Risque
- Analyse Sensorielle Descriptive Quantifiée
- Analyse This
- Analyse, Développement, Formation
- Analyse, Géométrie, Modélisation