References in periodicals archive ?
When students and analysands feel suddenly mistrustful of the contexts into which they have entered in order to change, but not traumatically, intimacy reveals itself to be a relation associated with tacit fantasies, tacit rules, and tacit obligations to remain unproblematic.
The motor of the psychoanalytic cure, it is the illusion whose truths are greater and more levelling than either analysand or analyst expect, and which only emerge when we pay (Weatherill n.
In the Lacanian clinic love works precisely as a dynamic without content, the transference of desire from analysand to analyst.
When analysands become aware of analysts' deepening love for them, they are affirmed and encouraged by their successes.
The author does not presume to offer a universal answer as to whether analysts must love their analysands in order for their work to be curative or, if analytic love is experienced, whether it must be made explicit.
A high proportion (87%) reported that their analysands asked about the safety of the analyst's family; most answered the questions and many analyzed the asking as well.
Forty-one percent of the respondents reported that after the attacks, their analysands asked for more advice than usual: Three-fourths gave advice, half analyzed the request, and 14% referred patients elsewhere for advice.
Generally, analysts reported no difference in the way they treated their analysands and psychotherapy patients in this regard, but 40% said they were more likely to give advice to the former, she said.
The role of the therapist is then to receive this narration and meaningfully reflect back to the analysand his or her experiences, thereby helping build a sense of continuity previously missing on account of the shattering effects of trauma.
As noted above, our students, like analysands, are always trying to figure out our desire and give us what they think we want.
Psychoanalysis, in contrast, operates with transference in such a way as to help analysands make conscious what is unconscious and thus encounter and work through their own internal self-difference.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- analog simulation
- analog states
- analog stereo
- analog sunset
- analog switch
- analog telephone
- analog telephone adapter
- analog telephony
- analog video
- analog voltage
- analog-digital computer
- analogous pole
- analog-to-digital conversion
- analog-to-digital converter
- analog-to-frequency converter
- analogue computer
- Analogy in Biology
- Analogy Model
- Analogy, Legal
- analysis by synthesis
- analysis line
- analysis of variance
- analysis situs
- analytic and synthetic
- analytic continuation
- analytic curve
- analytic extension
- analytic function
- Analytic Functions
- analytic geometry
- Analytic Grid
- analytic hierarchy
- analytic inertial navigation
- analytic mechanics
- analytic number theory
- Analytic Philosophy
- analytic psychology
- analytic regularization
- analytic set
- analytic structure
- analytic trigonometry
- analytical aerotriangulation
Full browser ?
- Analostan Island
- ANALY CHEM
- Analyse Any Real Data Visually Acquire Real Knowledge
- Analyse de Gestion Hospitalière Nationale
- Analyse des Modes de Défaillance, de Leurs Effets et de Leur Criticité
- analyse des pratiques sociales et projets urbains
- Analyse des Risques et Maîtrise des Points Critiques
- Analyse des Risques Résiduels
- Analyse du Cycle de Vie
- Analyse du Risque Médical
- Analyse Economique et Développement
- Analyse en Composante Principale
- Analyse et Gestion des Etablissements de Santé
- Analyse et Politique Economiques
- Analyse et Programmation
- Analyse et Traitement Electronique de l'Information
- Analyse et Traitement Informatique de la Langue Française
- Analyse Factorielle des Correspondances
- Analyse Préliminaire de Risque
- Analyse Sensorielle Descriptive Quantifiée
- Analyse This
- Analyse, Développement, Formation
- Analyse, Géométrie, Modélisation