Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Only these actors were appearing in their proper persons in real dramas of a life he did not know, but which appealed to something that had been long untouched, long in disuse.
Each maintained his opinion with sufficient obstinacy, as is usual in all such cases; the attendants were appealed to, but they had not been near enough to hear Wamba's directions.
Then she paused; considered; looked bewildered; and at last appealed piteously to Agatha.
And he appealed to me, whether in those countries I had travelled, as well as my own, I had not observed the same general disposition.
The moment Alice appeared, she was appealed to by all three to settle the question, and they repeated their arguments to her, though, as they all spoke at once, she found it very hard indeed to make out exactly what they said.
From the omnipotence of Parliament the colonists appealed to the rights of man and the omnipotence of the God of battles.
All these questions and answers passed through my mind in a moment; but the oaths of Don Fernando, the witnesses he appealed to, the tears he shed, and lastly the charms of his person and his high-bred grace, which, accompanied by such signs of genuine love, might well have conquered a heart even more free and coy than mine- these were the things that more than all began to influence me and lead me unawares to my ruin.
Let experience, the least fallible guide of human opinions, be appealed to for an answer to these inquiries.
My quarters would have been suitable for housing the greatest of earthly emperors, but to these queer creatures nothing about a building appealed to them but its size and the enormity of its chambers; the larger the building, the more desirable; and so Tal Hajus occupied what must have been an enormous public building, the largest in the city, but entirely unfitted for residence purposes; the next largest was reserved for Lorquas Ptomel, the next for the jed of a lesser rank, and so on to the bottom of the list of five jeds.
The constant battle of wits and senses against the many deadly foes that lurked by day and by night along the pathway of the wary and the unwary appealed to the spirit of adventure which breathes strong in the heart of every red-blooded son of primordial Adam.
Alternately I appealed to one and another of the three men,-- first to the grey-haired man to let me land, and then to the drunken captain to keep me aboard.
We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- antipitching fin
- anti-plagiarism software
- antipodal points
- Antipov, Nikolai
- Antipov, Nikolai Kirillovich
- Antipov-Karataev, Ivan
- Antipov-Karataev, Ivan Nikolaevich
- antiprincipal planes
- antiprincipal point
- antipropeller end
- antiprotonic atom
- Antiprotozoal Remedies
- Antique and Classic Boat Rendezvous
- antique collecting
- antique crown
- antique finish
- antique glass
- antiquum opus
- Antirabic Unit
- antirachitic vitamin
- antiradar coating
- antiradiation missile
- antirattle spring
- anti-redeposition agent
- Antireflection Coating
- Antireligious Propaganda
- Antirent War
- antiresonant circuit
- anti-Rh agglutinin
- anti-Rh immunoglobulin
- anti-Rh serum
Full browser ?
- Antiquarian Book Dealers Association of South Carolina
- Antiquarian Book Monthly Review
- Antiquarian Booksellers
- Antiquarian Booksellers Association of Canada
- Antiquarian Booksellers Association of Japan
- Antiquarian Booksellers of New Jersey
- Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America
- Antiquarian Horological Society
- Antiquariorum Regiae Societatis Socius
- Antiquary barrow
- Antique & Vintage Woods of America
- Antique Advertising Association of America
- Antique Airplane Association
- Antique Americana Folk Art
- Antique and Amusement Photographers International
- Antique and Classic Boat Rendezvous
- Antique and Classic Boat Society
- Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada
- Antique and Classic Snowmobile Club of Canada
- Antique and Collectible Show Promoters Association