References in periodicals archive ?
The automated translations display as subtitles on mobile phones and tablets, or are heard as audiotext to speech or simultaneous interpretation, all with only a few seconds' delay.
But scrolling lousy graphics delivered over very slow connections doomed efforts like Knight Ridder's Viewtron, so the next grand experiment was audiotext.
Internet company America Online has won a civil lawsuit against Netvision Audiotext, a company it accused of sending unsolicited pornographic e-mail to AOL members.
Morgan recalls an anecdote from the primitive days of audiotext, when one newspaper went from free service to charging 50 cents a call.
Even though it was produced when audiotext was the Next Big Thing and newsroom staffers were tethered to mainframes, the "No Train, No Gain" report offers a good starting point.
Phone Secrets is run by Interactive Audiotext Services, located in a shabby alleyway in London's trendy Clerkenwell.
And don't be surprised if you see a resurgence of audiotext in the wireless environment, since it allows a phone to do what a phone does best.
It is news that will attract customers, who in turn will attract advertisers as well as clients for the vast array of periphery businesses newspapers are now entering, from delivering magazines and custom publishing to audiotext and fledgling on-line services to selling coffee mugs emblazoned with the newspaper's flag.
The versatility of the boards enable the development of a variety of computer telephony solutions including voice mail, messaging, auto attendant, interactive voice response and audiotext.
FEATURE-RICH SYSTEMS offer voice mail, automated attendant, and programmable audiotext capabilities.
Audiotext - special telephone numbers providing free information on a wide variety of topics - is another recent enhancement, linking advertisers with public service.
The increased rates are required now because of the continued decline in audiotext revenues, which have for many years subsidized the local Guyana rates".
Encyclopedia browser ?
- audio-frequency amplifier
- audio-frequency choke
- audio-frequency meter
- audio-frequency oscillator
- audio-frequency peak limiter
- audio-frequency range
- audio-frequency shift modulation
- audio-frequency transformer
- audiogenic seizure
- audiographic teleconferencing
- audioimpedance measurement
- audio-modulated radiosonde
- audiophile DAC
- audio-visual aids
- audiovisual education
- audit society
- audit software
- audit total
- audit trail
- auditorium plan
- auditorium seating
- auditory association area
- Auditory Capsule
- auditory impedance
- auditory nerve
- auditory perspective
- auditory placode
- Auditory System
- auditory-verbal agnosia
- Audley of Walden, Thomas Audley, Baron
Full browser ?
- audiophile DAC
- audiophile DAC
- Audiophile Society of NSW
- Audiophile Systems Ltd
- AudioTechnologies Inc
- Audiotext Communications Network, Inc.
- audiovisual aid
- audiovisual aids
- Audiovisual Display System
- Audiovisual education
- Audiovisual Hyperactivity Disorder
- Audiovisual Information System
- Audiovisual Instructional Technology
- Audiovisual Interactive Medical Multimedia
- Audiovisual Management Association
- Audiovisual Management Information System
- Audiovisual Media Services Directive
- Audiovisual Production Requirements
- Audiovisual Program Officer
- Audiovisual Squadron
- Audiovisual Technologies, Informatics and Telecommunications
- Audiovisual Translation
- audiovisual/visual information