barrel(redirected from barrelled)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
barrel:see English units of measurementEnglish units of measurement,
principal system of weights and measures used in a few nations, the only major industrial one being the United States. It actually consists of two related systems—the U.S.
..... Click the link for more information. .
A container having a circular lateral cross section that is largest in the middle, and ends that are flat; often made of staves held together by hoops.
A piece of small pipe inserted in the end of a cartridge to carry the squib to the powder.
That portion of a pipe having a constant bore and wall thickness.
The unit of liquid volume equal to 31.5 gallons (approximately 119 liters).
The unit of liquid volume for petroleum equal to 42 gallons (approximately 158 liters).
The unit of dry volume equal to 105 quarts (approximately 116 liters).
A unit of weight that varies in size according to the commodity being weighed.
The central part of a windlass or capstan about which the cable is wound.
A tapering cylindrical housing which contains the lenses of a camera and the iris diaphragm.
The cylindrical metallic part of a gun which controls the initial direction of a projectile.
1. A weight measure for portland cement in the US, corresponding to 376 pounds net; this measure is now obsolete.
2. (US) A vessel which holds 311/2 gal of liquid.
3. That portion of a pipe having a constant bore and wall thickness.
1. a unit of capacity used in brewing, equal to 36 Imperial gallons
2. a unit of capacity used in the oil and other industries, normally equal to 42 US gallons or 35 Imperial gallons
3. the trunk of a four-legged animal
4. the quill of a feather