battery separator

battery separator

[′bad·ə·rē ‚sep·ə‚rād·ər]
(electricity)
An insulating plate inserted between the positive and negative plates of a battery to prevent them from touching.
References in periodicals archive ?
In a typical battery, electrons flow through wires to interface electronics, and ions flow through the battery separator.
Today, PPGs silica products group is a global leader in the manufacture of precipitated silica for use as a reinforcing filler in tire, industrial, footwear and silicone rubber applications; as microporous filler in battery separator applications; as a flatting and thickening agent in coating, adhesive and sealant applications; and as an anti-caking, free-flow and carrier agent in food, feed and industrial applications.
Materials testing of a lithium ion battery separator for use in finite element analysis.
Further development and growth of the battery separator business will be coordinated with Asahi Kasei E-materials Corp, the core operating company which operates Asahi Kasei's established battery separator business, under the leadership of Shigeki Takayama, who was installed as CEO of Polypore on 26 August 2015, and will continue to serve concurrently as president of Asahi Kasei E-materials Corp, the company added.
its only rival in the sale of two types of battery separators and one of its two rivals in the sale of a third type of battery separator.
TYNESIDE manufacturer Entek International Ltd has announced a PS10m investment in a new generation of battery separator for the automotive industry.
Koch has 16 years of experience in the battery separator industry.
Patent 8,475,724 (July 2, 2013), "Method and Apparatus for Plasma-Treating Porous Body," Koichi Kono, Kotaro Kimishima, and Kazuki Kiso (Toray Battery Separator Film Co.
Polypore is divesting the business, which is comprised of lead-acid battery separator facilities in Piney Flats, Tennessee, and Feistritz, Austria, in compliance with an order issued by the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
12 December 2011 - Finnish speciality papers and fibre-based materials maker Ahlstrom Corp (HEL:AHL1V) said today it had agreed to buy 49% of US battery separator company Porous Power Technologies LLC and also has an option to buy the remaining 51%.
For example, voided micro-porous battery separator film thickness is commonly measured using the FG71 OS sensor.
To reduce the use of fossil fuels and to meet the growing demand for hybrid and electric vehicles, DuPont has introduced the first nanofibre-based polymeric battery separator that boosts the performance and safety of lithium ion batteries.