The Frauenkirche was a famously beautiful baroque church built between 1726 and 1743, with a bell-shaped dome
that rivalled those of St Peter's in Rome and the Duomo in Florence.
And more than 15,000 people took to the streets to see the return of the bell-shaped dome
to the city skyline, 60 years after Allied bombs destroyed it.
The tower roofs, measuring 29 feet in width by 12 feet high, were custom- built on a steel frame, using shaped plywood to create the two, bell-shaped domes