References in periodicals archive ?
It is interesting that the gap is so big between the first [jawless vertebrates] and the first evidence of biomineralization," says M.
The proposed international staff exchange programme is based on three institutions in Europe and four institutions in China (universities and research organizations including marine stations) with a number of top-ranked research groups in the field of marine biotechnology, drug discovery/natural products chemistry, biomineralization and material sciences / nanotechnology.
There are two essays on bioceramics, one on preparation and biomineralization and one on controlling morphology and crystal growth in newer bioceramics.
Published in Science on April 27, 2012, a study by French researchers reveals the existence of this new type of biomineralization, whose mechanism is still unknown.
Our hypothesis is that biomineralization evolved as a biogeochemical response to an increased influx of continental weathering products during the last stages in the formation of the Great Unconformity.
The archae a can s ynthe s is e magne tite by biomineralization.
Bioactive glasses have been reported to promote and increase cellular adhesion, enhance osteoblast proliferation and differentiation and an increase in biomineralization process.
Topics include processes of biomineralization and their effect on the chemical and isotopic composition of different organisms, proxy validation, and the links between modern and fossil organisms.
Synthetic HAs are frequently used as reference materials in biomineralization and biomaterial studies.
Lactational exposure of rats to 2,3,7,8tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin impairs tooth biomineralization.
Steve Weiner is best known for his introduction of biomineralization as a new approach to the study of Paleoanthropology.
The ubiquitous distribution of SM in epithelial cells suggests an alternative role for the protein beyond that presumed in the traditional model of biomineralization.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- biomechanical model of illness
- biomedical chemical engineering
- biomedical engineering
- BioMeDical Package
- biometric device
- biometric signature
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biondo, Flavio
- bionic brain
- Bionic Man
- Bio-organic Chemistry
Full browser ?
- Biometry and Risk Assessment Program
- biometry of the eye
- biomimetic catalyst
- Biomimetic Materials Processing
- Biomimetic Nanoscience and NanoTechnology
- Biomira Inc.
- Biomolecular and Cellular Resource Center
- Biomolecular Computation
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Biomolecular Engineering Programme
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Center
- Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute
- Biomolecular Interaction Network Database
- Biomolecular Interaction Technologies Center
- Biomolecular Science and Engineering
- Biomolecular Science Center
- Biomolecular Structure and Design
- Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics
- Biomolecular Systems Research Program