1. Angling an attempt by a fish to take the bait or lure
2. the depth of cut of a machine tool
3. the grip or hold applied by a tool or chuck to a workpiece
4. Dentistry the angle or manner of contact between the upper and lower teeth when the mouth is closed naturally
5. the surface of a file or rasp with cutting teeth
6. the corrosive action of acid, as on a metal etching plate
What does it mean when you dream about a bite?
If one is being bitten in a dream, it can reflect feelings about something threatening in one’s environment, or feeling threatened by one’s own repressed anger or sexuality. If the dreamer is doing the biting, it can reflect everything from self-assertiveness to the desire to attack something or someone in one’s environment. Biting finds expression in an usually large range of idioms that might find expression in dreams: “bite the bullet,” “their bark is worse than their bite,” “bite off more than you can chew,” “bite the dust,” “bite the hand that feeds you,” “bite their head off,” and “they won’t bite.” (See also Dentures, Teeth).
To seize with the teeth.
Closure of the lower teeth against the upper teeth.
In glazing, the length of overlap of the inner edge of a frame over the edge of the glass.
In photoengraving, the various stages of etching accomplished through the action of acid.
Skin injury produced by an animal's teeth or the mouthparts of an insect.
In glazing, the distance by which the inner edge of a frame (or a stop) overlaps the edge of the glass or panel.
BITE (built-in test equipment)
A monitoring device that assesses the serviceability and health of aircraft and/or engines and indicates the results. It assists both the maintenance personnel and the aircrew.