wash(redirected from bladder wash)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
Related to bladder wash: bladder irrigation
1. Med any medicinal or soothing lotion for application to a part of the body
2. the flow of water, esp waves, against a surface, or the sound made by such a flow
3. the technique of making wash drawings
4. the erosion of soil by the action of flowing water
5. a mass of alluvial material transported and deposited by flowing water
6. land that is habitually washed by tidal or river waters
7. an alcoholic liquid resembling strong beer, resulting from the fermentation of wort in the production of whisky
the. a shallow inlet of the North Sea on the E coast of England, between Lincolnshire and Norfolk
The stream of air or other fluid sent backward by a jet engine or a propeller.
Any member that serves to carry water away from a section of a structure.
To clean cuttings or other fragmental rock materials out of a borehole by the jetting and buoyant action of a copious flow of water or a mud-laden liquid.
The erosion of core or drill string equipment by the action of a rapidly flowing stream of water or mud-laden drill-circulation liquid.
The surge of disturbed air or other fluid resulting from the passage of something through the fluid.
In the manufacture of whiskey, the fermented wort from which the spirit is distilled.
An alluvial placer.
A piece of land washed by a sea or river.
To dip negatives and prints in water after fixing to remove the soluble silver halide-fixing agent complexes.
A coating applied to the face of a mold prior to casting.
A sand expansion defect on the surface finish of a casting due to radiation from the metal rising in the mold and causing increased volume and shear of the interface sand on the upper layers.
1. The sloping upper surface of a building member, as a coping or sill, to carry away water; said of any other member serving such a function. See also drip cap.
2. A manner of applying water color in a rendering. Also see wall-washing.