blind(redirected from blind study)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
Related to blind study: Double blind study, single blind study, triple blind study
1. done without being able to see, relying on instruments for information
2. (of cultivated plants) having failed to produce flowers or fruits
3. Poker a stake put up by a player before he examines his cards
4. Hunting chiefly US and Canadian a screen of brush or undergrowth, in which hunters hide to shoot their quarry
A device to obstruct vision or keep out light, consisting of a shade, screen, or an assemblage of panels or slats.
A solid disk inserted at a pipe joint or union to prevent the flow of fluids through the pipe; used during maintenance and repair work as a safety precaution. Also known as blank.
Referring to a mineral deposit with no surface outcrop.
1. A device to obstruct vision or keep out light; usually a shade, a screen, or an assemblage of light panels or slats.
2. A solid disk inserted in a pipe joint or union to prevent the flow of water during the repair of a water distribution system.