knee(redirected from bowing knee)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to bowing knee: Bowleggedness
1. the joint of the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella
a. the area surrounding and above this joint
b. reaching or covering the knee
3. a corresponding or similar part in other vertebrates
4. anything resembling a knee in action, such as a device pivoted to allow one member angular movement in relation to another
5. anything resembling a knee in shape, such as an angular bend in a pipe
6. any of the hollow rounded protuberances that project upwards from the roots of the swamp cypress: thought to aid respiration in waterlogged soil
A bent or curved element used to stiffen a joint where two members meet at an angle, such as a timber frame column and beam.
The articulation between the femur and the tibia in humans. Also known as genu.
The corresponding articulation in the hindlimb of a quadrupedal vertebrate.
In a knee-and-column type of milling machine, the part which supports the saddle and table and which can move vertically on the column.
The lower supporting structure for an arm in a resistance welding machine.
2. A part of the back of a handrail having a convex upper surface.
3.See label stop, 2.