Burdened | Article about burdened by The Free Dictionary
burden (redirected from burdened)
Also found in: Dictionary
a. the cargo capacity of a ship
b. the weight of a ship's cargo
1. a line of words recurring at the end of each verse of a ballad or similar song; chorus or refrain
The amount of power drawn from the circuit connecting the secondary terminals of an instrument transformer, usually expressed in volt-amperes.
The distance from a drill hole to the more or less vertical surface of rock that has already been exposed by blasting or excavating.
The volume of the rock to be removed by blasting in a drill hole.
All types of rock or earthy materials overlying bedrock.
The material which is melted in a direct arc furnace.
In an iron blast furnace, the ratio of iron and flux to coke and other fuels in the charge.
1. Earthy material, rock, etc., which overlays bedrock.
2. In blasting, the distance between the blasting charge and the free face of the material to be blasted.
References in periodicals archive
In civil cases, the general standard of proof rule requires the burdened
party to persuade the court by a "preponderance of the evidence.
The party burdened
by the duty (in this case the purchasers) however usually has the burden of proving that its duty under the contract involved has been completely discharged.
In arriving at its holding, the court correctly observed that the "right to transfer is 'one of the most essential sticks in the bundle of rights that are commonly characterized as property,'" and that, as a rule, an asset subject to marketability restrictions is worth less than an identical item not so burdened
- Burali-Forti paradox
- Burbank Day
- Burbank, Luther
- Burbidge, Margaret
- burble angle
- burble point
- Burchell, Mr.
- Burchfield, Charles
- Burckhardt, Jacob Christoph
- Burckhardt, Jakob
- Burckhardt, Johann Ludwig
- Burckmair, Hans
- Burdach, Karl Friedrich
- Burden of Proof
- Burden, Joanna
- Burdenko, Nikolai
- Burdenko, Nikolai Nilovich
- Burdett, Allen Mitchell, Jr.
- Burdigalian Stage
- Burdin, Dmitrii
- Burdin, Dmitrii Ivanovich
- Burdzhalian, Arshak
- Burdzhalian, Arshak Sergeevich
- Bure, Lev
- Bure, Lev Leonardovich
- Bureau County
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures
- Bureau of Committees of the Majority BCM
- Bureau of Forensic Medical Examination
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Bureau of Joint Accounts BJA
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Bureau of Shop Planning
- Bureau of the Central Committee of the Russian Communist Party
- Bureau, Party