change(redirected from change (one's) tune)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. money given or received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or in a different currency
2. the balance of money given or received when the amount tendered is larger than the amount due
3. Archaic a place where merchants meet to transact business; an exchange
4. Astronomy the transition from one phase of the moon to the next
5. the order in which a peal of bells may be rung
6. Sport short for changeover
changesee SOCIAL CHANGE.
In building construction, an authorized alteration or deviation from the design or scope of work as originally defined by the contract documents.