client computing


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical.
Related to client computing: Thick client, thin client computing

client computing

(1) Running a program in a user's machine. Contrast with processing in a server.

(2) Users at their computers interacting with servers on the Internet. See client/server.

(3) Using a computer in the network with limited application processing. See thin client.
References in periodicals archive ?
Karl Heinz Warum, managing director of Wyse Germany, will discuss channel strategy, successful development of Wyse as a cloud client computing company and the future of cloud computing.
Wyse is committed to helping educational institutions in Africa use advanced cloud client computing solutions to enable schools and colleges to deliver teaching and learning based on reliable, affordable and greener classroom ICT.
Client Computing Europe, headquartered in Sandefjord, Norway, delivers solutions and services for handling EDIFACT messages in the energy sector in the Nordic countries, Belgium, Germany and the UK.
As Williams implies, the concept behind thin client computing is, at its core, reductionism on a large scale (see "Thin Clients: A History," page 25).
In the thin client computing environment, the applications are moved to the server.
Thin client computing relies on a network of thin clients that are connected to a central server.
The event is an ideal opportunity to hear from Wyse experts and see demonstrations of the latest Wyse technology solutions including the recently launched low cost multimedia Wyse T50 thin client and discover how solar powered cloud client computing is a practical solution for bringing reliable web-based e-learning into remote rural locations.
Norwegian IT company Client Computing Europe ASA said on Tuesday (9 September) that it has acquired the remaining 70% of the shares of the e-business and logistics systems developer Concept Factory AS.
Norwegian IT company Client Computing Europe ASA said on Friday (9 May) that it has acquired 30% of the share capital of the software developer Concept Factory AS, as well as signed an agreement to acquire the remaining 70% of the shares from Etrinell AS.
amp; MELBOURNE, Australia -- Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, is participating at Cisco Live 2011 in Australia and New Zealand.
NORDIC BUSINESS REPORT-4 November 2003-Visma Software ASA completes acquisition of Client Computing Norge AS(C)1994-2003 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD http://www.
Teresa Kratzer of Beech Grove City Schools will discuss how Wyse cloud client computing has reduced costs and contributed to increased graduation rates as part of its "green" cloud computing model of server consolidation and PC replacement.