Mentioned in ?
- Al Bustan International Festival of Music and the Arts
- Boussingault, Jean Baptiste Joseph Dieudonné
- Charles Lamoureux
- Charles, Jacques Alexandre César
- Delsarte, François
- Étienne Nicolas Méhul
- Jules Étienne Pasdeloup
- Lamoureux, Charles
- Méhul, Étienne Nicolas
- museums of science
- orchestra and orchestration
- Pasdeloup, Jules Étienne
- Rudhyar, Dane
- Sarah Bernhardt
References in periodicals archive ?
Proposals for the new Conservatoire come shortly after the Birmingham HS2 Curzon Street Masterplan was unveiled, which will regenerate Eastside and create better links to Digbeth.
The new Conservatoire will incorporate two major performance spaces including a fine new concert hall for orchestral training and public performance, private rehearsal and practice rooms, recording and technology in addition to providing teaching spaces for musicians from a variety of disciplines.
The final presentation, by Pamela Thompson (Royal College of Music, London) was intriguingly entitled 'The Bluffer's Guide to Conservatoire Libraries'.
The nature of conservatoire library users is that performers are often not interested in what they see as 'academic' study, despite the research skills that are clearly necessary for a professional musician in terms of programme building and writing, as well as performance practice.
The new Conservatoire will be just a short distance from New Street and Moor Street train stations, in the heart of the City's learning quarter, which is already home to Birmingham City University's City Centre Campus, the ThinkTank Museum and the Birmingham Ormiston Academy.
I am delighted that an agreement has been reached which will enable Birmingham Conservatoire to relocate to this new, state-of-the-art building by summer 2017.
One of the many attractions of the Academy is a week-long course of tuition from Birmingham Conservatoire keyboard staff, though David Quigley himself, now on the faculty, will be too busy running around sorting out any issues which might arise at the last minute for himself to be teaching.
The major sponsors of BIPA are piano-manufacturers Yamaha, the Musicians' Benevolent Fund, and Birmingham Conservatoire itself, which, as host of the event, donates the use of the Recital Hall and stewarding services of its staff.
Birmingham Conservatoire student Geraint Evans was instrumental in bringing musicians from the three countries together to celebrate the cultural connections between the three cities.
It just came from all the different ideas that are always running through my head," explained 23 year-old Geraint, from Birmingham, who has already gained work experience at the CBSO Centre while studying at the Conservatoire.
The projects, which involved more than 40 conservatoire lecturers and staff, 90 students, 100 children and 15 community musicians, asked how curricula could better meet the needs of the community, and how conservatoires can recruit and react to students from varying cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
It includes a fully paid-for place on a Birmingham Conservatoire postgraduate qualification course as well as an annual subsistence allowance and assistance with travel costs.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- conservation of natural resources
- Conservation of Nature, Societies for the
- conservation of orbital symmetry
- conservation of parity
- conservation of probability
- Conservation of resources
- conservation of vorticity
- conservation of wildlife
- Conservation society
- Conservation subdivision
- Conservation Treaty Support Fund
- conservative concentrations
- conservative evaluation
- Conservative Force
- conservative force field
- Conservative Party
- conservative property
- conservative replication
- conservative scattering
- conservative substitution
- Conservative System
- conserved quantity
- conserved sequence
- conserved vector current
- Considérant, Victor
- Considérant, Victor Prosper
- considered harmful
- Consignment Marketing
- consistency condition
- consistency index
- consistency limits
- consistency routine
- Consistent Equations
- Consistent Estimate
- consistently complete
Full browser ?
- Conservatoire a Rayonnement Départemental
- Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional
- Conservatoire Botanique National
- Conservatoire Botanique National Alpin
- Conservatoire Botanique National de Bailleul
- Conservatoire Botanique National de Brest
- Conservatoire Botanique National de Porquerolles
- Conservatoire Botanique National du Bassin Parisien
- Conservatoire Botanique National du Massif Central
- Conservatoire Botanique National Sud-Atlantique
- Conservatoire de Musique d'Expressions Artistiques
- Conservatoire de Musique Neuchâtelois
- Conservatoire des Collections Végétales Spécialisées
- Conservatoire des Espaces Naturels du Languedoc-Roussillon
- Conservatoire des Mémoires Étudiantes
- Conservatoire des Sites Alsaciens
- Conservatoire des Sites de l'Allier
- Conservatoire et Jardin Botaniques
- Conservatoire et Jardins Botaniques de Nancy
- Conservatoire Européen du Machinisme Agricole
- Conservatoire Génétique des Arbres Forestiers
- Conservatoire Libre du Cinéma Français
- Conservatoire Militaire de Musique de l'Armée de Terre
- Conservatoire National de Région
- Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris
- Conservatoire Supérieur d'Ostéopathie
- Conservatoires UK
- Conservator (museum)
- Conservator (museum)
- Conservator (museum)
- Conservator of the Peace
- conservator-ward relation
- Conservatorium of Music
- Conservators of Fine Fabrics
- Conservators of the Peace
- Conservators of the River Thames