cure(redirected from cured)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. a return to health, esp after specific treatment
2. any course of medical therapy, esp one proved effective in combating a disease
3. the spiritual and pastoral charge of a parish
To change the properties of a resin material by chemical polycondensation or addition reactions.
A process by which concrete is kept moist for its first week or month to provide enough water for the cement to harden. Also known as mature.
1. To change the physical properties of an adhesive or sealant by chemical reaction, which may be condensation, polymerization, or vulcanization; usually accomplished by the action of heat and catalyst, alone or in combination, with or without pressure.
2. For concrete, see curing.
3. To provide conditions conducive to the hydration process of stucco or portland cement.
4. To provide a sufficient quantity of water and to maintain the proper temperature within a plaster to ensure cement hydration.