cushion(redirected from cushioned)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
Related to cushioned: combination
1. the resilient felt-covered rim of a billiard table
2. short for air cushion
3. a capital, used in Byzantine, Romanesque, and Norman architecture, in the form of a bowl with a square top
A volume of water, drilling fluid, or compressed gas injected into the drill pipe or tubing to control both annular and formation pressures.
1. A convex element resembling a pad.
2. A corbel for roofing, a padstone.
3. Padding, as around glass, to reduce the effects of vibration and abrasion.
4. A piece of timber acting as a cushion or buffer to resist or receive the force of another part of the framing; a cushion piece.