References in periodicals archive ?
Ever since I learned of defenestration from my daughter, I've been trying to find a use for it.
The renewal of the state of emergency in force since Anwar Sadat's 1981 assassination, the refusal of licensing requests by 12 political parties, the suppression of the independent leftist newspaper al-Badiel (The Alternative), and the defenestration of Talat Al-Sadat, an MP who criticized the military, have all been portrayed as additional moves in the wrong direction.
If, like me, you thought defenestration is something vaguely to do with windows, then you're only half right.
Or in the case of Graeme Souness, perform an act of defenestration.
With deadlines for the small business page looming the unfortunate journalist discovered that a vital set of keys had gone missing and he was unable to leave his home without undertaking a potentially neck-breaking act of defenestration.
The famous defenestration incident in Rome (Sharp 67) provides a revealing instance of another of Sharp's editorial practices, his tendency to combine material from different sources and then improvise on it.
On mature reflection, the defenestration of Father Flanagan was a lovely way to begin the day.
The book, The Unix Guide to Defenestration, is targeted to two distinct groups:
So much analysis, from the milk-snatching to the 1990 defenestration.
To others, he will forever be the dark villain at the centre of what they see as the most shameful episode in the party's recent history - the 1990 defenestration of Margaret Thatcher after 11 years as prime minister.
It's a funny old world, as the ultimate victim of that riot, Margaret Thatcher, said on her defenestration.
Stopping this spontaneous defenestration (and meeting present-day code) required doubling the glass thickness to half an inch.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- defect table
- defective equation
- defective interfering virus
- defective number
- defective track
- defective virus
- defective work
- Defectoscopy, Capillary
- Defects, Crystal
- Defects, Metal
- defence mechanism
- Defender of the Faith
- Defenders' Day
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Defenders, The
- Defense Advanced Research Project Agency
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Defense Calculator
- Defense Communications Agency
- Defense Data Network
- Defense Data Network Network Information Center
- Defense Fund
- defense in depth
- defense information
- Defense Information Systems Agency
- defense mechanism
- Defense of the Soviet Polar Regions of
- Defense Trade Regulations
- defense visual flight rules
- defense warning conditions
- Defense, United States Department of
- Defensive Armament
- defensive electronics
- defensive minefield
- defensive patent
- defensive programming
- defensive spiral
Full browser ?
- Defending against ticket
- Defending Brotherhood of Zore
- Defending Complex Core Networks from Attacks
- Defending Quality Public Services
- defending team
- defending team
- Defending the Digital Domain
- Defenestration of Prague
- Defensa Civil
- Defensa Contra Las Artes Oscuras
- Defensa de Niñas y Niños Internacional
- Defensa y Conservacion Ecologica de Intag
- Defense & Security Technology Accelerator
- Defense & Space Talks
- Defense (legal)
- Defense / Industry E3 Standards Committee
- Defense Academy for Credibility Assessment
- Defense Accession Data Systems Integration Working Group
- Defense Accountability, Reutilization and Disposal Program
- Defense Accounting and Disbursing System
- Defense Accounting Classification Crosswalk
- Defense Accounting Office
- Defense Accounting System
- Defense Acquisition
- Defense Acquisition & Reports Control
- Defense Acquisition and Program Administration
- Defense Acquisition Board
- Defense Acquisition Board Readiness Meeting