References in periodicals archive ?
32) However, apex deponents are usually quick to file protective orders rather than wait for the other party to file a motion to compel.
25) The exception requires that the party against whom the deposition is offered have had an adequate opportunity, including an adequate motive, to cross-examine the deponent.
trial; and, conversely, if the deponent is unavailable at trial, the
Several expressed the view that deponents were merely the 'little people' and that due to the circumstances at the time, they had little choice than to commit the crimes they did.
For some, the confessions of the deponents were not as forthright as hoped for, and the CRAs in many cases were not very demanding.
The two deponents admitted that they had practiced Judaism in France and provided the names of scores of their fellow observers--the dead, the living, those ensconced in the Diaspora, as well as some who were still immediately vulnerable to inquisitorial prosecution.
4) Other deponents were not so eager, and perhaps the articles of group 3 were not ready.
The deponent reviews and signs the deposition--usually before a notary--after it has been transcribed.
by invoking principles of filing fees related to size of askings, shared costs, fee penalties on law firms for unsuccessful cases, payment at comparable lawyer rates to deponents by those requesting the depositions, and similar measures.
After half a day of flying, she is attempting to gather important information from resistant deponents who don't speak English.
The place to hone cross-examination skills is in discovery depositions, where, under Supreme Court Rule 206(c)(1), deponents can be questioned as if under cross-examination.
20, 2000) (In absentee ballot challenge during 2000 presidential litigation, court granted expedited discovery ordering on November 20, that "all parties and named deponents are ordered to cooperate fully with depositions before the hearing set in this matter on November 27, 2000.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- depleted material
- depleted uranium
- depletion drive
- depletion layer
- depletion mode
- depletion region
- depletion-layer capacitance
- depletion-layer rectification
- depletion-layer transistor
- depletion-mode HEMT
- depletion-type reservoir
- Deployment Descriptor
- Deployment of Troops
- depolarization factor
- depolished glass
- deposit attack
- Deposit Copy
- deposit dose
- deposit feeder
- deposit for bidding documents
- deposit gage
- Deposit, Electoral
- deposited carbon resistor
- deposited metal
- deposition efficiency
- deposition potential
- deposition rate
- deposition sequence
- depositional dip
- depositional fabric
- depositional sequence
- depositional strike
Full browser ?
- Depopulated Very-Thin Quad Flat-Pack No-Leads