ridge(redirected from dermal r)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. a long narrow raised land formation with sloping sides esp one formed by the meeting of two faces of a mountain or of a mountain buttress or spur
2. Anatomy any elongated raised margin or border on a bone, tooth, tissue membrane, etc.
a. the top of a roof at the junction of two sloping sides
b. (as modifier): a ridge tile
4. the back or backbone of an animal, esp a whale
5. Meteorol an elongated area of high pressure, esp an extension of an anticyclone
ridge(scarp) See lobate ridge; wrinkle ridges.
The horizontal lines at the junction of the upper edges of two sloping roof structures.
a linearly extended upland, often with soft, rounded parts. Ridges are usually the remnants of mountain ranges that have been greatly eroded and then slightly uplifted (for example, the Timan Ridge and the Donets Ridge).
The line on which the sides of a sloping roof meet.
An elongate, narrow, steep-sided elevation of the earth's surface or the ocean floor.
An elongated area of relatively high atmospheric pressure, almost always associated with, and most clearly identified as, an area of maximum anticyclonic curvature of wind flow. Also known as wedge.
1. The horizontal line at the junction of the upper edges of two sloping roof surfaces.
2. The internal angle or nook of a vault.