detergent additive

detergent additive

[di′tər·jənt ‚ad·ə·tiv]
(materials)
A substance incorporated in lubricating oils which gives them the property of keeping insoluble material in suspension.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Supply of diesel fuel (refinery product) sulfur-free, minimum requirements to DIN EN 590, 15-degree accounting, including stocking fee, free point, see Main place of Other requirements: Fuels with detergent additive that the test methods for nozzles Clean CEC F-23-A 01 meet the test engine XUD-9 me the following result: flow restriction: less than 70%, Remaining flow: greater than 30%.
Those requirements include such things as a Clean Air Act waiver; registration of the fuel with EPA; changes to EPA reformulated gasoline regulations; and changes to EPA gasoline detergent additive regulations.
Professor Boehman concedes that "the detergent additive may have such beneficial effects on engine operation, fuel system performance and other related features of engine system operation that they outweigh the adverse effect" of increased NOx emissions.
The stretched film material is of a non-uniform thickness varying from about 20 microns to about 40 microns, It also contains a disintegrating aid in the film material which has an effervescent source that includes an organic acid and a carbonate source; a detergent additive in the film material; and a detergent composition in the compartment.
Peter Bryant of Warwick International with the Chemical Industries Association's environmental award and Warwick's product - washing detergent additive
Warwick's Mostyn site manufactures washing detergent additive for many of the world's leading brands of washing powder and dishwasher tablets, and Warwick has been a customer of Equest for several years.
Companies working with WTI include Mostyn-based detergent additive manufacturer Warwick International; Powys-based variable speed drives innovator Invertek Drives; Pwllhelibased cheese exporter South Caernarfon Creameries; renewable energy technologies specialist Dulas, which is based in Machynlleth,and Tywyn-headquartered snack food manufacturer Halo Foods.
North Wales companies already benefiting from energy saving measures include Mostyn-based detergent additive manufacturer Warwick International and BAE Systems' Airbus wing factory at Broughton.
And this year's outbreak of the killer SARS virus in Pacific Rim countries is helping fuel demand for Warwick's TAED detergent additive which also kills germs.
8m for the half year -a performance driven both by increased demand at its detergent additive manufacturing business at Mostyn and a similar growth in its European chemical marketing and distribution business.
TERRITORIES previously out of bounds to free market enterprise are helping a North Wales detergent additive manufacturer clean up.
Ether derived from tetrahydrofuranylmethanol or polytetrahydrofuran is also a petrol detergent additive [46, 47].