digital(redirected from digital dermatitis)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. of, relating to, resembling, or possessing a digit or digits
2. representing data as a series of numerical values
3. Electronics responding to discrete values of input voltage and producing discrete output voltage levels, as in a logic circuit
4. a less common word for digitate
5. Music one of the keys on the manuals of an organ or on a piano, harpsichord, etc.
Pertaining to data in the form of digits.
Common abbreviation for Digital Equipment Corporation.
digital(1) Data in binary form. See digital format and binary.
(2) Digital Equipment Corporation was commonly referred to as simply "Digital." See Digital Equipment.
(3) For centuries, digital meant the use of numbers, the term coming from digit, or finger. Today, digital is synonymous with computer.
Digital Means Perfect Copies
The 0s and 1s of digital data mean more than just on and off. They mean perfect copying. When information, music, voice and video are turned into binary digital form, they can be electronically manipulated, preserved and regenerated perfectly at high speed. The millionth copy of a computer file is identical to the original. While this has driven software and content publishers to distraction protecting their copyrights, it is nevertheless a major advantage of digital processing. See binary.