1. a person licensed to practise medicine
2. a person who has been awarded a higher academic degree in any field of knowledge
3. Chiefly US and Canadian a person licensed to practise dentistry or veterinary medicine
4. a title given to any of several of the leading Fathers or theologians in the history of the Christian Church down to the late Middle Ages whose teachings have greatly influenced orthodox Christian thought
5. Angling any of various gaudy artificial flies
6. Archaic a man, esp a teacher, of learning
7. a device used for local repair of electroplated surfaces, consisting of an anode of the plating material embedded in an absorbent material containing the solution
(doctor blade), a thin blade in the shape of a knife that is part of a machine used for intaglio printing or stenciling. Doctors for intaglio printing are made of steel and are used to remove excess ink from the surface of the printing cylinder. In stenciling, rubber blades are used for spreading and squeezing the thick ink through the openings of the stencil.
What does it mean when you dream about a doctor?
Doctors symbolize healing or the desire for healing, either physically or psychologically. They also represent authority, even the higher self. To someone attuned to alternative medicine, a traditional doctor may also represent mainstream orthodoxy as opposed to natural healing.
A cooling sea breeze in the tropics.
Dreaming about a doctor may represent a need for physical, emotional, or spiritual healing. Doctors are respected authority figures and we usually follow their advice and guidance in regard to our well being. Depending on your belief system, the doctor in your dream could also represent your higher self or inner guidance. If you are currently experiencing a health problem and doctors are a part of your daily/weekly life, this dream may be symbolic of real life difficulties. However, the dream is most likely based on a past event, a memory, or refers to a current need for healing, rather than a prediction of the future.