flow(redirected from gone with the flow)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
Related to gone with the flow: Go with the Flow
1. the advancing of the tide
2. a stream of molten or solidified lava
3. an informal word for menstruation
a. a marsh or swamp
b. an inlet or basin of the sea
The sequence in which events take place or operations are carried out.
A forward movement in a continuous stream or sequence of fluids or discrete objects or materials, as in a continuous chemical process or solids-conveying or production-line operations.
The forward continuous movement of a fluid, such as gases, vapors, or liquids, through closed or open channels or conduits.
Any rock deformation that is not instantly recoverable without permanent loss of cohesion. Also known as flowage; rock flowage.
A function from the set of arcs in an s-t network to the nonnegative integers whose value at each arc is equal to or less than the weight of the arc.
The movement of electric charges, gases, liquids, or other materials or quantities.
1. See cold flow.
2. A measure of the consistency of freshly mixed concrete, mortar, or cement paste in terms of the increase in diameter of a molded truncated-cone specimen after jigging a specified number of times.
3. That characteristic of a paint which enables it to form a uniform, smooth surface without showing brush marks or other evidence of the method of application.
A stream or movement of air or other fluid, or the rate of fluid movement, in the open or in a duct, pipe, or passage—specifically, airflow.