Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
EU Directive 2011/65 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS Directive) bans the use of certain heavy metals (including cadmium) and selected other hazardous substances in electronic equipment.
If the level of hazardous substances in your facility is at or below the TRQ, the facility may be eligible for an exemption.
Observers report that the EEC countries are currently in the process of reviewing a first Regulation draft and are intensely negotiating the scope of products and the restriction limits for hazardous substances.
For instance, the site owner may agree to defend and indemnify the material supplier for any hazardous substance cleanup costs that may be incurred on the property.
These individuals possess specialized knowledge concerning some aspect of emergency response or hazardous substances.
In rejecting the municipalities arguments, the Court of Appeals said "We are aware that holding the municipal defendants as responsible parties and including municipal solid waste within the definition of hazardous substances will have far reaching implications for municipalities and their taxpayers.
The Board currently is developing guidelines for bank examiners to follow in determining whether a lending institution has adopted appropriate procedures and safeguards to recognize potential hazardous substance problems.
651 addresses the concerns of public sector lenders directly and provides protection for public sector lenders by excluding them from liability for hazardous substance removal, by extending that immunity to the next purchaser of the property, and by exempting property acquired from CERCLA liens.
Hazardous Substance Emergency Events Surveillance System.
651 also specifically addresses the concerns of federal banking and lending agencies by providing protection for these entities and the next purchaser of the property by excluding them from liability for hazardous substance removal and exempting property held or sold by these agencies from certain CERCLA liens.
Further information about EPCRA, CERCLA, and hazardous substance release notification requirements may be obtained by calling the U.
To qualify for this exemption, the present owner must establish that when he acquired the facility he "did not know and had no reason to know that any hazardous substance, which is the subject of the release or threatened release, was disposed of on, in or at the facility.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Hayward grab bucket
- Hayward orange peel
- Haywood County
- Haywood, Eliza
- hazard alert
- hazard analysis critical control points
- hazard assessment
- hazard beacon
- hazard lights
- hazard material
- hazard of contents
- Hazard, Ebenezer
- Hazard, Geoffrey C., Jr.
- Hazard, Paul
- hazardous air pollutants
- hazardous area
- hazardous area reporting service
- hazardous in-flight weather advisory service
- Hazardous material
- hazardous materials
- hazardous situation
- hazardous substance
- Hazardous use units
- Hazardous waste
- hazardous weather information
- Hazare, Anna
- haze droplet
- haze factor
- haze horizon
- haze layer
- haze level
- haze line
- Haze, Atmospheric
- Hazel & Bill Rutherford Wildlife Prairie State Park
- Hazel Hen
- Hazel Mouse
- hazel nut
- Hazel Park
- hazel sandstone
Full browser ?
- Hazardous Materials User Guide
- Hazardous Materials Vault
- Hazardous Materials/Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Misleading Terrain Information
- Hazardous Nomad Co-Op
- Hazardous Noxious Substances
- Hazardous Occupations Order for Agriculture
- Hazardous Occupations Safety Training for Agriculture
- Hazardous Occurrence Investigation Report
- Hazardous Operations
- Hazardous or Explosive Gases
- Hazardous Organic Constituents
- Hazardous Organic Mishap
- Hazardous Organic NESHAP
- Hazardous Payload Facility
- Hazardous Process Material
- Hazardous Processing Facility
- Hazardous Production Material
- Hazardous Products Act
- Hazardous Protection Monitoring
- Hazardous Ranking Score
- Hazardous Reagent
- Hazardous Recreational Water Body
- Hazardous Response Support Division
- Hazardous Road Conditions
- Hazardous Site Control Division
- Hazardous Site Evaluation Division
- Hazardous Site Reuse and Redevelopment Act
- hazardous situation
- Hazardous Solvent Substitution Data System
- hazardous substance
- Hazardous Substance Analysis
- Hazardous Substance Fact Sheet
- Hazardous Substance Free
- Hazardous Substance Incident Response Management
- Hazardous Substance List
- Hazardous Substance Location
- Hazardous Substance Management
- Hazardous Substance Management Research Center
- Hazardous Substance Management System
- Hazardous Substance Release/Health Effects Database
- Hazardous Substance Rescue Unit
- Hazardous Substance Research Center
- Hazardous Substance Research Center - South & Southwest
- Hazardous Substance Response Organization
- Hazardous Substance Tax
- Hazardous substances
- Hazardous Substances & Health Effects Database
- Hazardous Substances Academic Training
- Hazardous Substances Act
- Hazardous Substances and New Organisms
- Hazardous Substances Assessment Unit
- Hazardous Substances Authority
- Hazardous Substances Committee
- Hazardous Substances Control Act
- Hazardous Substances Data Bank
- Hazardous Substances Data Base
- Hazardous Substances Database
- Hazardous Substances Emergency Events Surveillance
- Hazardous Substances Management Division
- Hazardous Substances Mitigation Act