Mentioned in ?
- Akimov, Ivan
- Akimov, Ivan Akimovich
- Albert Sorel
- Alois Jirásek
- Apostolo Zeno
- Arabic Culture
- Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic
- Balzac, Jean Louis Guez de
- Bestuzhev Family
- Bogdanovich, Modest
- Bogdanovich, Modest Ivanovich
- Chastellain, Georges
- Dalin, Olof von
- Ecumenical Councils
- Fawtier, Robert
- Flavius Josephus
- Georg Wolfgang Felix Hallgarten
References in periodicals archive ?
While historiographers might attempt to construct authoritative, monologic narratives of the nation's development, allusions encourage polyphonic reading experiences in which the text, author, and reader all change and "join a process of continual production" and meaning is altered with each textual experience (Allen 34).
1513), and Edward Hall's The Union of the Two Noble and Illustre Famelies of Lancastre & Yorke (1548 and 1550), historiographers committed to dynastic politics that afforded women of royal blood important political agency envision key female subjects as model agents and readers of history who inform the authors' own analyses of national events.
His self-chosen role as critical historiographer would preserve the riches and gains of romantic history, a history of great individuals, varied institutions, epoch struggles, and human freedom.
Hopes for a general reassessment were raised following the discovery of Skinner's Verbal Behavior by linguistic historiographer Julie Tetel Andresen (1990).
It merits mentioning; that Pappe's text adeptly transcends structurally predisposed defects that vitiated the new historiography (the rise of neo-liberal Zionism to hegemony in Israel and subsequently the need for a new narrative and/or what Gershon Shafir and Yoav Peled (2000) described as the 'New Israel' that ineluctably requires a narrative of its own) and presented us with a serious scholarship that only a virtuoso historiographer could produce given the socio-political and historical nature of authoring texts.
1) The indiciaire, a post created by Philip the Good at the court of Burgundy in 1455 for George Chastelain, functioned as court historiographer and was the only figure at court commanding a regular salary (a comfortable one at that--Chastelain received 36 sous a day, 657 livres a year, an amount corresponding rougly to the annual salary of a ducal counselor).
Huang is believed to have been the mythical ancestor of the Chinese Nation, and Laozi was a historiographer of the Zhou Dynasty, 1100-221 BC.
Dickerson, professor of history at Vanderbilt University and the AME historiographer, says Blacks need more colleges and universities, not fewer.
A full two years later, writing in Soudobe dejiny in 2001, a prominent Czech historiographer echoed the call of progressives at the Eighth Congress to innovate and broaden the practice of Czech history by framing it within the larger European context and transcending the traditional fixation on the history of the Czech ethnos.
He would add the "de" to his name, serve as a courtier to kings (Royal Historiographer to Louis xv, consultant to Frederick the Great), and even encourage the rumor that he was a bastard because the leading candidate happened to be a nobleman.
The historiographer needs to examine critically the processes whereby history comes to be written-the effects of chance, selection and prejudice on the steps from events 'out there', through partial and differing written and oral records, via the historian's partial access, selection and interpretation of those records, to the pages of history.
Officials decided they should consult an expert and asked the Historiographer Royal, Emeritus Professor JD Mackie, to give his views on the stamps.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Historical Geology
- Historical Journals
- Historical Maps
- Historical marker
- historical materialism
- Historical Metrology
- Historical monument
- Historical Museum
- Historical Museums
- Historical Regatta
- Historical research
- Historical Review
- Historical School
- Historical School of Law
- Historical Sciences, International Committee for ICHS
- Historical Societies
- Historical Society of Nestor the Chronicler
- Historical Society of the University of St. Petersburg
- historical sociology
- Historical Songs
- Historical Sources
- Historical Terms
- historical zoogeography
- History Institutes
- History of Astrology in America
- history of ideas
- history of mentalities
- History of Spiritualism, The
- History of the USSR, Institute of the
- History of Western Astrology
- history painting
- History Workshop Journal
- History, Cyclical Theory of
- History, Institute of
- History, Philosophy of
- History, Philosophy, and Literature, Institutes of IFLI
- hit probability
- hit rate
- hit wicket
Full browser ?
- Historico Automovel Clube de Entre Tejo e Sado
- Historisch Museum Rotterdam
- Historisch Museum Rotterdam
- Historische Bildungsforschung Online
- Historische Databank Nederlandse Gemeenten
- Historische Kring Stad Muiden
- Historische Kring West-Betuwe
- Historische Machine Club Kempen
- Historische Vereniging Vlaardingen
- Historischer Zueri Bus
- Historisk Arkiv for Syvende Dags Adventisterne i Danmark
- Historisk-Filosofiske Fakultet