hyaline

(redirected from hyaloid)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
Related to hyaloid: hyaloid membrane, Cloquet's canal, hyaloid remnant

hyaline

[′hī·ə·lən]
(biochemistry)
A clear, homogeneous, structureless material found in the matrix of cartilage, vitreous body, mucin, and glycogen.
(geology)
Transparent and resembling glass.
References in periodicals archive ?
1) ERMs occur after partial or complete posterior vitreous detachment in 75% of cases but in the remaining 25%, ERMs occur in the presence of attached posterior hyaloid.
Both mice reared under dark conditions from late gestation, and those with mutated Opn4, exhibited nearly identical promiscuous expansion of hyaloid vessels and abnormal retinal vascular growth.
The tumor was confined to the retina and overlying aqueous by the anterior hyaloid face of the vitreous by a tamponade effect of the vitreous humor (Figure 4, C).