indent(redirected from indenter)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Chiefly Brit (in foreign trade) an order for foreign merchandise, esp one placed with an agent
2. Chiefly Brit an official order for goods
3. (in the late 18th-century US) a certificate issued by federal and state governments for the principal or interest due on the public debt
(science and technology)
To form a depression by forcing inward.
1. The gap left by the omission of stone, brick, or block units in a course of masonry; used for bonding future masonry.
2. In a wall of a church, a space hollowed out of stone to receive a brass effigy.