Ionic(redirected from ionically)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
1. of, denoting, or relating to one of the five classical orders of architecture, characterized by fluted columns and capitals with scroll-like ornaments
2. of or relating to Ionia, its inhabitants, or their dialect of Ancient Greek
3. Prosody of, relating to, designating, or employing Ionics in verse
4. one of four chief dialects of Ancient Greek; the dialect spoken in Ionia
5. (in classical prosody) a type of metrical foot having either two long followed by two short syllables (greater Ionic), or two short followed by two long syllables (lesser Ionic)
1. Pertaining to, or characteristic of, Ionia, the eastern part of the Greek world.
2. Same as Ionic order.