country(redirected from line of country)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms.
1. a territory distinguished by its people, culture, language, geography, etc.
2. an area of land distinguished by its political autonomy; state
3. the people of a territory or state
a. the part of the land that is away from cities or industrial areas; rural districts
b. (as modifier): country cottage
5. one's native land or nation of citizenship
6. go or appeal to the country Chiefly Brit to dissolve Parliament and hold an election