References in periodicals archive ?
A vessel with very low displacement, such as the Indeavour, would have its maximum beam well above the waterline and close to deck level, whereas larger vessels with substantial superstructure would keep their maximum beam low at midship and thus would have a more pronounced tumblehome.
From midships to somewhere back aft, a distance of about 60 feet, the main passageway was totally burned out.
Midships opened a 11/2-length lead in the stretch and held off Globetrotter by a half-length to give Frankel, Hollywood Park's all-time leading trainer with 952 wins, his first victory during the spring-summer meet after four seconds and five thirds.
But the Midships Bar and the new library have some of the style of the old Cunarders.
Note her shattered midships structure, torpedo dangling from the after port side tubes and wreckage atop her No.
A colossal explosion had ripped the Maine's midships into a giant open lily of armor plate.
With the hydro boom located midships on the starboard side, minimizing ship's motion, and the starboard side hanger providing some protection for personnel, Knorr is particularly well suited for conductivity/temperature/ depth (CTD) casts even as weather conditions start to deteriorate.
The wines are held at midships, where, it is said, is the best place for one to be if one doesn't have an affinity with the movement of the sea.
The entire model package was attached to a robust lift beam mounted to the bottom end of a vertical lift post located near the hull midships.
While the ship is moored, you can go ashore, or (on all but the Star Flyer), boat off the "sports platform," which is lowered from the stern or midships.
The engine is mounted midships between the driver and passenger seats.
In the saloon the galley spreads across midships to allow increased work surfaces and services.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- mid-ocean canyon
- mid-ocean ridge
- Mid-Ocean Ridges
- mid-ocean rift
- mid-ocean rise
- mid-oceanic ridge
- midpoint load
- midrange computer
- mid-range materiel requirements
- midrange programmer
- midrange programmer/analyst
- midship section
- midship section coefficient
- mid-square generator
- Midsummer Day
- midsummer day and midsummer night
- mid-wall column
- Mid-Water Fishing
- Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge
- Midwest Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies
- Midwest City
- mid-wing airplane
- Mie scattering
- Mieczyslaw Centnerszwer
- Mieczyslaw Jastrun
- Mieczyslaw Karlowicz
- Mieczystaw Jan Michalowicz
- Mie-Grüneisen equation
Full browser ?
- Midshipman Academic Performance Report
- Midshipman Candidate
- Midshipman Captain
- Midshipman Commander
- Midshipman Cruise
- Midshipman Ensign
- Midshipman First Class
- Midshipman Fourth Class
- Midshipman Lieutenant
- Midshipman Lieutenant Commander
- Midshipman Lieutenant Junior Grade
- Midshipman Officer Candidate Course
- Midshipman Officer of the Deck
- Midshipman Officer of the Watch
- Midshipman Second Class
- Midshipman Third Class
- Midshipman Training Officer
- Midshipman Training Squadron
- Midshipman Under Guidance
- Midshipmen Group Study Program
- Midshipmen Information System
- midsigmoid sphincter
- Midsize Enterprise Summit Europe
- Midsize North America Project #12
- MidSouth Professional Carpet Cleaners Association
- Midsouth Stock Dog Association
- midspan hub
- midspan hub
- Midstate Metal Detector Club
- Midstate Vintage Stock Car Club
- Midsternal line
- midstream catch urine specimen
- midstream specimen