plain concrete

plain concrete

[′plān kän′krēt]
(civil engineering)
Concrete without reinforcement but often with light steel to reduce shrinkage and temperature cracking.

plain concrete, unreinforced concrete

1. Concrete without reinforcement or reinforced only for shrinkage or temperature changes.
2. Concrete without some other specific admixture or element, in contrast with concrete containing such an admixture or element, e.g., non-air-entrained concrete.
References in periodicals archive ?
Plain concrete C8 / 10 (B-10) in the amount of 2,400 mA
The Member chapters, the heart of the reorganized ACI 318-14, include One-Way Slabs; Two-Way Slabs; Beams; Columns; Walls; Diaphragms (new); Foundations; and, Plain Concrete Members, as appropriate.
They reported that, in the case of plain concrete mix with 2% fibre content and aspect ratio of 60, higher splitting tensile strength was obtained.
Two types of reinforcement--primary and secondary--are designed in order to avoid the sudden failure of a plain concrete corbel.
6, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Plain concrete surfaces can be transformed into amazing decorative areas with carvestone for concrete overlays.
An Iowa initiative, for example, is improving the accuracy of predictions of pavement performance for the State's jointed plain concrete pavements.
Meanwhile shrinkage of the plain concrete and the concrete with 3% of the fibres increased up to twice.
The KEC test road includes 2 lanes of 22 jointed plain concrete pavement (JPCP) sections having variables of slab thickness (250, 300 and 350 mm), subbase materials (lean concrete, aggregates and asphalt), and subbase thickness (120, 150 and 180 mm) (Jeong 2008).
Meanwhile, the district administration has also completed the rehabilitation of 666-meter long plain concrete access road at Bhagam village in Wari area.
A study by University of California horticulturalist Ted Stamen in 1993 found that urban spaces which had been planted had a 90% chance of remaining graffiti free, while spaces of plain concrete had only around 10% chance of not being vandalised.
A street pavement scheme has also completed in Chinar village of Salarzai Tehsil where 1196 meters plain concrete cement streets have been paved along with construction of 457 meters side drains and 182 meters of retaining wall.