plastic clay


Also found in: Dictionary.

plastic clay

[′plas·tik ′klā]
(materials)
Fireclay which forms a moldable mass when mixed with water.
References in periodicals archive ?
Because of the abundance of plastic clay present in the base material, lime was selected for nearly all of the reconstruction.
C-1 CLAY, a proprietary plastic clay which is an ideal material for all ceramic applications.
Tenders are invited for Supply Of 80 Mt Of Plastic Clay Gr B For Sru Bhilai.
This is then slaked and the resultant slurry poured onto sacks in the sun to stiffen to a malleable stage when a temper of river sand is then wedged (often by foot) into the plastic clay.
Different naturally occurring materials such as bauxite, plastic clay, plaster of Paris, lime, alum, and alumina etc.
These periods of time spent away from the daily routines of home and work, have been crucial; providing the opportunity for Wendy Lawrence to focus on the development of her original and distinctive ceramic work, transforming plastic clay into forms that capture and transmit the qualities and elemental power of natures geological forces.
A nearly 40 cm thick K-bentonite composed of plastic clay and hard feldspathitic layers crops out at, and slightly above the sea level, about 100 m NW from the SE end of the cliff (59[degrees]13'27.
But there is even more water than the physical water between clay particles that you feel in your plastic clay.
Tenders are invited for Open Tender For 4930 Mt Plastic Clay Gr.
With a 10 percent glass and 30 percent grog additive, a total of 40 percent resulted in a plastic clay, but it was not appropriate for handbuilding (Photo 2).