porch(redirected from porched)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to porched: poached, poached egg
1. a low structure projecting from the doorway of a house and forming a covered entrance
2. US and Canadian an exterior roofed gallery, often partly enclosed; veranda
1. An exterior structure that shelters a building entrance.
2. An exterior structure that extends along the outside of a building; usually roofed and generally open-sided, but may also be partially enclosed, screened, or glass-enclosed; it is often an addition to the main structure; also called a veranda, galerie, or piazza; if set within the building structure, it is said to be an integral porch.
3. A small vestibule inside the front door of a 17th-century colonial American house, usually containing a steep stair leading to the loft space above. Also See carriage porch, double-decker porch, double-tiered porch, engaged porch, full-façade porch, full-width porch, gabled porch, inset porch, integral porch, lattice porch, portale, projecting porch, raised porch, shed-roof porch, sleeping porch, storm porch, two-tiered porch, wrap-around porch.