References in periodicals archive ?
Key words: Parmenides, proem, allegory, enigma, insight, invisibility, unity of opposites
In the proem you generate petroleum coke, which is a spongy residual concentrated with carbon, sulfur and heavy meas.
In the proem to a subsequent book of Imagines, penned by Philostratus the Elder's purported grandson (known today as Philostratus the Younger), the earlier work is explicitly defined as a "certain ekphrasis of works of painting" ([TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII]); (14) likewise, a much later Byzantine commentary specifically adduced Philostratus the Elder's text as an example of the rhetorical trope.
Thus the volume's first essay--"The Decameron's All-Encompassing Discourse: Topoi of the Poet, Women, and Critics"--seeks to assess the Author's role in the Proem, next at the beginning of Day One, in the Introduction to Day Four, and in the Author's Conclusion at the end of the masterpiece.
It contains a full collation, identification of sources (many of them newly tracked down), a flurry of useful indices, including a concordance with the corrupt but standard Basel edition of 1576, and an appendix containing Ficino's own vernacular versions of the items in number 6 above: that is, his dedicatory letter to Bernardo del Nero, his proem to Cavalcanti, and the text itself of the Dialogo intra san Pagolo et l'anima.
The interplay between the seen and the unseen is a topic Spenser addresses throughout The Faerie Queene, and he comments directly on it in the proem to Book 2.
In either Gloriana let chuse, Or in Belphoebe fashioned to bee; In th' one her rule, in th' other her rare chastitee (III proem 5).
Here, last leaves clinging to their branches or the leafless trees hibernating through winter teach lessons in holding on, in "seeing it through," as the collection's proem has it.
I had realized, listening to Sam over the past year, that I too was uncertain as to the precise syntax (and secondarily, punctuation, which varies from one edition of the poem to another) of the proem of Lycidas, which was why I'd needed to consult the text.
I don't know if Tuma was aware of this sentimental proem before he paired Rodefer and me in his consideration.
Moreover, an attempt will be made to read the excerpt from book II in light of the observations obtained in the analysis of the proem.
32) In the proem to Book 2, the vates of the Roman year (as he now is: 3.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- production track
- Production Training
- production tubing
- production-decline curve
- Production-Line Manufacturing
- Productive Capital
- Productive Consumption
- productive cough
- Productive Forces
- Productive Labor
- productive labour and unproductive labour
- productive time
- productivity index
- Productivity of Agricultural Animals
- Productivity of Labor
- productivity ratio
- productivity software
- productivity suite
- productivity test
- Productivity, Theories of
- product-moment coefficient
- proerythroblast of Ferrata
- professional adviser
- Professional Army
- Professional Crime
- professional engineer
- Professional Graphics Adapter
- Professional liability insurance
- Professional Office System
- professional practice
- professional programming
- Professional Revolutionaries
- professional services
- Professional Write
- Professional YAM
- Professionalno-Tekhnicheskoe Obrazovanie
- Professor Longhair
Full browser ?
- Produits et Matériaux Utilisables en Centrale
- Produits Forestiers Bellerive Ka'n'enda, Inc.
- Produits Forestiers Non Ligneux
- Produits Minces Réfléchissants
- Produits Phytosanitaires Non Utilisables
- Produk Domestik Bruto
- Produk Domestik Regional Bruto
- Produkt Krajowy Brutto
- Produkt-Variabilität im Gesamten Lebenszyklus
- Produkte Durch Recycling
- Produkte für Die Medizin AG
- Produkte Und Systeme Der Informationstechnologie
- Produktionsplanung und Steuerungssysteme
- Produktives Lernen an Berliner Schulen
- Produs Intern Brut
- Produto Interno Bruto
- Produto Nacional Bruto
- Produttori Svizzeri di Latte
- Produzione Agricola
- Produzione Lorda Vendibile
- proelium committere
- proerythroblast of Ferrata