regular(redirected from regulate)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
1. (of flowers) having any of their parts, esp petals, alike in size, shape, arrangement, etc.; symmetrical
a. (of a polygon) equilateral and equiangular
b. (of a polyhedron) having identical regular polygons as faces that make identical angles with each other
c. (of a prism) having regular polygons as bases
d. (of a pyramid) having a regular polygon as a base and the altitude passing through the centre of the base
e. another name for analytic
3. Botany another word for actinomorphic
4. subject to the rule of an established religious order or community
5. US Politics of, selected by, or loyal to the leadership or platform of a political party
6. Crystallog another word for cubic
7. a member of a religious order or congregation, as contrasted with a secular
8. US Politics a party member loyal to the leadership, organization, platform, etc., of his party
Having radial symmetry, referring to a flower.
In a definite direction; not diffused or scattered, when applied to reflection, refraction, or transmission.