sensitive(redirected from sensitives)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. having the power of sensation
2. of or relating to the senses or the power of sensation
3. Photog having a high sensitivity
4. connected with matters affecting national security, esp through access to classified information
5. (of a stock market or prices) quickly responsive to external influences and thus fluctuating or tending to fluctuate
sensitive(1) Responsive to electromagnetic signals. See electromagnetic hypersensitivity.
(2) Requiring controls on disclosure. For example, medical records include sensitive data. In risk analysis, one classifies data by the degree of sensitivity and criticality. See critical and sanitize.