References in periodicals archive ?
However, given the (1) increased disallowance of deductions for intercompany expenses, (2) conflict between state consolidated return and combined reporting rules, (3) reality that state apportionment rules may not conform to the standard three-factor method, (4) conflicting application of throwback and throwout rules and (5) move toward single-factor formulas, taxpayers may see a significant increase in their income tax burden when a telecommuter creates corporate income tax nexus in a state.
Created with business owners and telecommuters in mind," this small office/home office site offers a tip of the week, "home office success stories" (for example, "Tech Lease: A Smart Small Biz Strategy") and a list of links to related Web sites.
More objectively, one telecommuter increased the number of insurance claims she could process from 25 per hour at her corporate office to 34 per hour at home.
Over the past 10 years, he's learned several lessons from his experience and passes them on to would-be telecommuters.
To qualify as a telecommuter, an employee must receive pay for work done at an alternate site.
Each telecommuter should sign an authorization that incorporates the policy by reference and details the arrangement, Goluboff says.
Some companies believe that telecommuters work less than a five-day work week, that telecommuting is used by women who really want to be stay-at-home rooms, and that there are high technology costs.
Growth in telecommuter numbers will slow over the next six years, from 6 percent annual growth (9.
During the workday, however, the telecommuter is able to take longer breaks totaling two hours and 20 minutes, while his office-working counterpart takes only one hour and 15 minutes in breaks.
If one considers the employee benefits she lists in her table--reduced commuting time, reduced personal costs, flexible working hours, and greater autonomy, to name a few--it becomes obvious that for the telecommuter the positive value of these benefits does not disappear just because the employer may also gain from the situation.
The following are 10 guidelines for the telecommuter that will enhance the newly structured relationship:
Whether you call it the virtual office movement, teleworking or mobile working - terms that refer to alternative office situations - the exodus from the traditional corporate workplace is expanding the number of telecommuters and home workers every day.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- telco switch
- telecentric system
- telecine camera
- telecoil mode
- telecom company
- telecom hotel
- Telecommunication Display Device
- Telecommunications Act of 1996
- telecommunications coordinating committee
- Telecommunications Device for the Deaf
- Telecommunications Industry Association
- Telegram Address
- Telegraph Agencies of the Union Republics
- Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union
- telegraph alphabet
- telegraph bandwidth
- telegraph buoy
- telegraph cable
Full browser ?
- Telecommunications UK
- Telecommunications Users Association
- Telecommunications Users Association of New Zealand
- Telecommunications Users Group
- Telecommunications Users Group of India
- Telecommunications Users Group of the Philippines
- Telecommunications Utilization Management System
- Telecommunications Video System
- Telecommunications Vocational Standards Council
- Telecommunications Workers Pension Plan
- Telecommunications Workers Union
- Telecommunications Working Group
- Telecommunications, Media and Entertainment
- Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment & Technology
- Telecommunications, Multimedia and Applied Computing
- Telecommunications, Navigation, and Information Management
- Telecommunications-Enhanced Mobile Internet Protocol
- Telecommunicator Emergency Response Taskforce
- Telecommunities Canada
- Telecommuting Advisory Council
- Telecomputing Applications Platform
- Telecoms and Financial Services Executive
- Telecoms Data Protection Directive
- Telecoms Eastern European Challenge
- Télécoms Sans Frontières
- Telecoms World Middle East
- Telecoms, IT, Media and Electronics
- Telecomunicaciones Y Sistemas SA
- Telecomunicacoes de Minas Gerais SA
- Telecomunicações Móveis Nacionais SA