cheek(redirected from -cheeked)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
a. either side of the face, esp that part below the eye
b. either side of the oral cavity; side of the mouth
2. a side of a door jamb
3. Nautical one of the two fore-and-aft supports for the trestletrees on a mast of a sailing vessel, forming part of the hounds
4. one of the jaws of a vice
Collins Discovery Encyclopedia, 1st edition © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
A narrow upright face, forming the end or side of an architectural or structural member or one side of an opening.
Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture Copyright © 2012, 2002, 1998 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved
The wall of the mouth in humans and other mammals.
Portion of a three-part flask between the cope and the drag.
The lateral side of the head in submammalian vertebrates and in invertebrates.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. A narrow upright face forming the end or side of an architectural or structural member, or one side of an opening.
2. A narrow upright face forming the end or a side of an architectural or structural member.
3. The upright face of one side of an opening.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Architecture and Construction. Copyright © 2003 by McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.